Get Help

Frequently Asked Questions

If you cannot find the answers to your questions, please feel free to contact us at +1 814-393-2352 or


Q.  Am I required to live on campus?

A.  Incoming undergraduates whose permanent address (the address used at the time of Admission) is greater than 30 miles from campus address of 840 Wood Street, Clarion PA 16214, and who meet the following criteria are required to live on campus the first four semesters of enrollment.

Q.  When is move-in day?

A.  Freshmen Fall 2022 move-in is tentatively Thursday, August 18.  Upperclassmen can return beginning Saturday, August 20.

Q.  Is specialty housing available?

A.  There are  different Living and Learning Communities as well as Gender Inclusive housing. Please visit here for more information.

Q.  When will I find out about my roommate?

A.  You can view your roommate(s) by logging into the housing application. Additional roommate information will be emailed to your Clarion Eagle email account mid-July for fall students and mid-January for spring.

Q.  What are CAs and ADs?

A.  The CAs and ADs are live-in staff members in the residence halls.
A Community Assistant (CA) resides on every occupied wing or floor of each residence hall as well as each Village at Reinhard Villages.  They have been trained to provide students with information about the university, give advice concerning personal issues, plan programs and activities for their residents and ensure the safety and security of the building.

There are two Assistant Directors the (AD) for campus suites. They are full-time professional staff who perform administrative services, advise student organizations and supervise the CAs. They are also responsible for maintaining the discipline system in the halls.

Q. Should I purchase insurance for my belongings while I stay in the residence halls?

A. We recommend that students do purchase insurance while staying on campus.  Personal property damage is not covered by the University.  Please visit NSSI for options and additional information.  


Q.  What is the requirement for living in university-affiliated housing?

A.  Freshmen and sophomores must live in campus housing their first four semesters at Clarion University. Please visit here for additional details. 

Q.  How do I contract for housing?

A. The housing application is available online for students wishing to live in University Housing, which includes the Reinhard Villages and the Hilltop Suites and Main Street Suites.  Start the process by clicking "Apply for Housing."

Q.  Can I cancel my contract?

A.   Beginning for the 2017-2018 academic year, students will only be able to cancel their housing if they are no longer attending Clarion University.  Cancellation requests must be done by completing the "Contract Release Request" form and submitting it to  Residence Life Services. Requests will be reviewed and verified that they student is no longer attending the University.   Decisions will be made within 10 days of the receipt of the request. Cancellation fees will apply.

QWhat if I'm a student looking for housing beginning in January, what are my options?

A.  If you need housing to begin in the spring semester, your options are Campus View Suites, Valley View Suites and Main Street Suites, or Reinhard Villages. Our application always contains the most up-to-date information.

Q.    I wish to live off campus but do not meet the criteria required by Residence Life Services?

A.  You can complete the University Housing Request for Exemption form in the housing portal. Requests will be reviewed by appropriate personnel and a decision will be made within 10 days of the receipt of the request.  We advise not signing another housing contract or off campus lease until a decision is made and you are contacted by our staff.

Q.    What is the difference between a "Contract Release Request" and a "Request for Exemption"? 

A "Contract Release Request" is submitted when a student has signed up for housing for an academic year, or any portion thereof if signed after the start of the academic year, is leaving the University and is cancelling  their housing contract. 

A "Request for Exemption" would be submitted when a student does not meet the criteria outlined in the University Housing Requirement to live off campus, but wishes consideration to be exempt from the University Housing Requirement. An exemption request is only considered when a student has not signed up for housing, but is seeking to be exempt from the University Housing Requirement.

Q.  What happens if I drop out of school? 

       A University withdrawal must be done when a student needs to drop/withdraw from all courses and leave the                university.  Students who are planning to drop all courses and leave the university, for any reason, need to                      contact the Registrar’s Office at +1 814-393-2229.The Housing and Meal plan office follows the university refund            policy for withdrawals. Contract cancellation fees may apply.  


Q.  Can I request a room/roommate change?

A. Room changes period begins the second week after the start of classes. Students should contact their CA or Area Coordinator to discuss their options.  A room transfer fee may apply.


Q.  What if I do not want a roommate; I want my own room?

A. Options for having your own room are Reinhard Villages (upperclassmen), Private Double Room in Suite on Main Street(upperclass or freshmen), or Share single suites in Suites on Main (upperclass or freshmen). Contact Residence Life Services for more information and options.


Q:   Can I stay in my room during vacation and breaks?

A. Generally no; but we understand that there are exceptions. Students interested in break accommodations should contact the Residence Life Services office to discuss the situation.


Q.  How big are the rooms?

A.  Room specifications can be found here: Hilltop Suites, Main Street Suites.

Q.  What is in the room I am assigned to?    

A.  All rooms come with a bed, desk, desk chair, dresser, (per person).  There will be closet space as well to hang items.  Please bring a shower curtain, toilet paper, and your personal items.  

Q.  What about cable, Internet, and telephone?

A.  Cable, high-speed Internet, and local phone service hook up(You must provide your own phone) are provided in the traditional halls and hilltop suites.  High-speed internet and all utilities are provided at Reinhard Villages. Set-up instructions will be provided.

Q.  What items am I allowed to bring and what items are prohibited.

A.  Suggested items to bring or not bring.


Q. What type of rules and regulations are there?

A.  In order to insure an atmosphere conducive to effective living and learning exists, there are policies and procedures, which govern living in the residence halls.  The Residence Life Handbook is available on our homepage.  It is the student's responsibility to become familiar with all the policies and procedures that are in the handbook.


Q.  What services do the suites provide?

A.  Students residing in The Suites have the convenience of living on campus close to academic and student activities, health services, the library, and dining facilities. Rooms are furnished with two or one students per bedroom. All utilities are included along with high-speed Internet, cable, and local calling. Computers are available at the Service Desk and laptops can be signed out.

The Suites have lounges on each floor, shared kitchen areas and laundry facilities.

Limited on-campus parking is available  (permit required) with free parking at the stadium. Campus and local bus  service is also free with a student ID.



Q.  Can freshmen bring cars to campus?

A.  Yes. Limited freshmen parking is available. Freshmen may also park at Memorial Stadium free of charge.
Free bus service is available from the stadium to campus with student ID. Bus routes also connect sites on campus to the downtown district, the mall, and the hospital. New buses have recently been added to the fleet. 

Have other questions about housing?


Residence Life Services
218 Becht Hall
+1 814-393-2352

Last Updated 10/21/22