Get Help

Freshmen and Sophomore Residency Requirement

All incoming full-time undergraduate students who are first time in college or a transfer student who is transferring less than 48 credits from a previous institution are required to live in university affiliated housing for their freshman and sophomore year (or their first four semesters of enrollment at Clarion). On campus housing is considered to be the Hilltop Suites, Suites on Main or Reinhard Villages.  


  • First time in college students or transfers who are living with a parent or guardian at their permanent address within a 30 mile radius of Clarion University at 840 Wood Street, Clarion, PA 16214.  A notarized letter from a parent or guardian is required to verify commuting location. 

  • A full time transfer student with more than 48 credits from a previous institution. (credits transferred will be verified with the student record)
  • Married students (proof of marriage license is required for approval)

  • Students over the age of 21 prior to the start of the contract period (typically Fall unless admitted in Spring)

  • Parent of a dependent child (additional documentation required)

  • Taking all online courses. (schedule verification)
  • Military veterans who have been honorably discharged and can verify their status with an official DD214 form.

If you would like to apply for an exemption to live off campus, please contact Residence Life and Housing for instructions.  Email: or Phone: 814-393-2352

Last Updated 4/21/22