• Conduct a proactive job or internship search by creating a plan
• Identify key words, job titles, industries to use for your search
• Locate job and internship search resources
• Navigate online job boards
• Attend recruitment events
• Research company websites
• Identify employer-centered recruiting opportunities
• Connect through professional networking
Job and Internship Search Strategies Checklist
A proactive career search begins with a plan. Start by following the Self-guided Internship & Job Search Strategies Checklist to view helpful tasks and strategies.
Occupational Information, Employment Outlook, Trends, and Salary Information
- HANDSHAKE - Your Career Management System! Access the calendar of career events, search the database of current part-time jobs, internships, summer/seasonal jobs, and full-time opportunities; participate in virtual and campus recruiting; research companies; or to make your resume available to employers seeking candidates for internship or employment opportunities.
Career Events and Job Fairs: Participate in an internship, job or career fair sponsored by the Center for Career and Professional Development or those supported by or co-sponsored with western PA universities where you can meet recruiters seeking candidates for internships, full-time or seasonal employment opportunities, representatives from graduate and study abroad programs, and recruiters for military agencies.
Online Job Boards/Useful Job Search Links
LinkedIn is for current students, alumni, faculty, staff and employers.
Disclaimer: The Clarion University Center for Career and Professional Development Center serves a clearinghouse of information regarding job and experiential learning opportunities. The listing of a position or search engine should not be interpreted as an endorsement. The Center is not responsible for safety, wages, working conditions, or other various aspects of employment.
Students and alumni should personally research openings and organizations prior to submitting a resume to an organization or entering into any employment agreements.
Advice for Avoiding Job Scams
- The Federal Trade Commission
- RipOff Report
- Better Business Bureau Scam Stopper
- Glassdoor.com Companies and Reviews
FBI Public Service announcement: Employment Scam Targeting College Students Remains