Admissions & Campus Visits
Start your Pennwest journey at venango
PennWest Clarion – Venango is a place for you to rise to challenges and achieve your dreams, and it all starts with the personalized Admissions experience.
- Scenically located on 65 acres of wooded hillside overlooking the Allegheny River in Oil City, PA
- Within 70 miles of Pittsburgh and convenient to Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia
- Picturesque views and outdoor adventure make Venango County a tourist destination (Learn more about the Venango area)
- Academic and student support programs are accredited by the nation's leading education authorities
- Approximately 200 students are enrolled in degree programs at PennWest Clarion - Venango and at partner locations
- Instruction via video conferencing, web-based classes, and web-enhanced classes expand program reach and provide flexibility
VENANGO ADMISSIONS TEAM
Address: 200 Frame Hall,1801 West First Street, Oil City, PA 16301
Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday
Phone: 677-VENANGO, ext. 1211
LaTrobe Barnitz ('91)
Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Hometown: Lancaster, PA
Hobbies: I enjoy listening to music, playing jazz and blues on guitar, and spending time with my wife and three kids, one who is also a Clarion alum and another who is a current Golden Eagle!
Favorite thing about Clarion – Venango: The strong personal connections made here last a lifetime. The Clarion family is a great one to be a part of!
Casey beightol ('09, '17)
Associate Director of Admissions
Hometown: Altoona, PA
Hobbies: Participating in FLEX (Future Leaders and Entrepreneurs Exchange) and the Franklin Civic Operetta Association, volunteering at the Barrow-Civic Theatre, singing 90's and 00's music, and kayaking French Creek and Allegheny River.
Favorite thing about Clarion – Venango: The community and the people! It is easy to engage on and off campus, and to find opportunities that make life fulfilling. Venango is a place to be!