Admissions & Campus Visits
WE CAN C U HERE. CAN YOU?
Clarion University – Venango is a place for you to rise to challenges and achieve your dreams, and it all starts with the personalized Admissions experience.
We encourage all prospective students to schedule a visit to speak with Admissions and see why students choose Venango campus. If you bring a completed application to the visit, we will waive the application fee. Call us today at 877-VENANGO ext. 1211, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or schedule a visit.
- Scenically located on 65 acres of wooded hillside overlooking the Allegheny River in Oil City, PA
- Within 70 miles of Pittsburgh and convenient to Ohio, New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Virginia
- Picturesque views and outdoor adventure make Venango County a tourist destination (Learn more about the Venango area)
- Academic and student support programs are accredited by the nation's leading education authorities
- Approximately 260 students are enrolled in degree programs at Venango campus and at partner locations
- Another 350+ students are pursuing non-credit, certificate, and workforce development training through the Office of Continuing Education
- Instruction via video conferencing, web-based classes, and web-enhanced classes expand program reach and provide flexibility
- Grade-point average or GED score
- Strength of curriculum
- SAT or ACT test scores (optional) *Learn more about the test optional policy for Freshman applicants
- Letters of recommendation & essay (optional)
- A campus visit is highly recommended
- For returning adult students who have been out of school more than three years, consideration is given to life and work experience
- Associate of Science in Nursing admission criteria: 2.75+ cumulative GPA, grades of C or better in biology, chemistry, and algebra, and a proficient level score on the ATI TEAS exam.
Learn more about applying to Clarion University here.
VENANGO ADMISSIONS TEAM
Address: 200 Frame Hall,1801 West First Street, Oil City, PA 16301
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Phone: 677-VENANGO, ext. 1211
LaTrobe Barnitz ('91)
Assistant Director of Admissions and Financial Aid
Hometown: Lancaster, PA
Hobbies: I enjoy listening to music, playing jazz and blues on guitar, and spending time with my wife and three kids, one who is also a Clarion alum and another who is a current Golden Eagle!
Favorite thing about Clarion – Venango: The strong personal connections made here last a lifetime. The Clarion family is a great one to be a part of!
Casey McVay ('09, '17)
Assistant Director of Admissions
Hometown: Altoona, PA
Hobbies: Participating in FLEX (Future Leaders and Entrepreneurs Exchange) and the Franklin Civic Operetta Association Board of Directors, volunteering at the Barrow-Civic Theatre, singing 90's and 00's music, and kayaking French Creek and Allegheny River.
Favorite thing about Clarion – Venango: The community and the people! It is easy to engage on and off campus, and to find opportunities that make life fulfilling. Venango is a place to be!
Theresa Nestor ('13)
admissions and financial aid support staff
Hometown: Franklin, PA
Hobbies: Spending time with my family, walking, bike riding, golfing, kayaking, and shopping!
Favorite thing about Clarion – Venango: I truly appreciate its size. Students are not a number; everyone knows your name!