Resumes and Cover Letters
- Resume Self-Guided Checklist
- Resume Review Rubric
- Resume Writing Basics
- Worksheet for Developing a Draft
- Tips for Writing a Military-to-Civilian Resume
- Expert Resumes for Military-to-Civilian Transitions - this guidebook shows veterans how to market their skills and experience and translate them into language employers will understand. It provides 180 pages of resume samples and is available at the Career Development Center office, 419 Becht Hall.
- Accounting and Finance (with Military Experience)
- Bachelor and Masters
- Biology and Chemistry
- Biology Pre-Professional Program
- Business, General
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Math
- Education - Freshman & Sophomore
- Education - Junior & Senior
- Environmental Geoscience
- First College Resume Bachelor of Sciences
- First-Year Students
- French and International Business
- Functional Resume
- Library Science (Bachelors)
- Library Science (Masters)
- Medical Imaging with clinical
- Medical Imaging without clinical
- Nurse ASN
- Nurse BSN
- Nutrition and Fitness
- Paralegal Studies
- Professional Writing and Business Administration
- Sociology and Womens Studies
- Speech Communication and Theatre
- Speech Communication
- Speech Pathology and Audiology (Bachelors)
- Speech-Language Pathology (Masters)
- O*NET OnLine - www.onetonline.org
Scheduling a Resumé Review Session
- Students/alumni may schedule an in-person, telephone or virtual appointment to meet with a Career Development Center staff member to have a rough draft of a resumé reviewed. Appointments are scheduled via Handshake. We encourage you to make an appointment at least two weeks prior to the date that you need your resume. Review the video and samples and then e-mail a draft of your resume, as an attachment, to email@example.com.
Steps to Take Prior to Your Appointment
- Learn the basics of resumé writing by watching our videos above.
- Prepare a rough draft of your resumé.
- E-mail your resumé draft as a Microsoft Word attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow 3-5 business days for a review when classes are in session and 7 - 10 business days during periods of high-volume submissions, during the summer session, and over breaks.
- Bring your laptop or an electronic version of your resume to your appointment so you can easily make revisions to your rough draft during your consultation.
- Curious as to what belongs in a career portfolio? Watch our YouTube video to find out!
- Use the Career Portfolio Guide to begin developing your portfolio. Don't forget to schedule an appointment with our office for help unpacking what should be included and how to effectively utilize a portfolio.
REFERENCES AND LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
- View guidelines for creating a reference document and securing letters of recommendation in this Job References handout.