Helpful Links


General Educator Websites

Pennsylvania Department of Education is your gateway to certification information and a wealth of educational information from the PSSA to teaching opportunities.

The United States Department of Education website provides you with the latest information on educational law and initiatives at the national level.

The University of Northern Iowa has collaborated with Clarion University to place many of our teacher candidates in out-of-state and international schools.

National Association for the Education of Young Children - NAEYC - The accreditation body for early childhood education programs.

American Educational Research Association is a site that provides research on practical application of techniques that improve the educational process.

Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education has established links to promote excellence and equity in learner-centered education throughout Pennsylvania.

Map Quest or YahooMap can provide you with directions to your Field Experience site.

Riverview Intermediate Unit 6 (RIU6) is an education service agency supporting the needs of the public and nonpublic schools in Clarion, Jefferson, Forest and Venango counties and parts of Armstrong, Butler, Clearfield, Crawford and Indiana counties. RIU6 is one of 29 intermediate units across the state of Pennsylvania providing support programs, training and therapy services in response to local needs.

Starting the Job Search

The Pennsylvania School Boards Association is a great place to begin your job search for a teaching position in Pennsylvania. School districts throughout the Commonwealth advertise their teaching openings in this respected journal, vacancies can be viewed online.

PA-Educator is a popular website that PA schools place job opportunities on.  Post your profile here to allow school districts to look at your application.

PA Standard Application Form must be filled out to apply to any PA school.

Southern Teachers Agency is an agency that works with private schools in the southern states and as far west as Texas.  Complete an application and talk with a personal representative that will help you find a job.

Last Updated 7/1/20